Tuesday, February 17, 2009

For a Sustainable Global Human Community

I'm starting this blog as a part of my effort to create an online network of people interested in -- or just curious about -- the Bering Strait project. There are two types of people in the world: those who can't see why anyone would want to attempt such a project and those who find themselves inexplicably enamoured by it. I was once in the former group. Then one day I had a glass of Kool-Aid and -- POW! -- I found myself in the latter. 

It would be like someone in the days of Abraham Lincoln dreaming of a network of highways crisscrossing the United States, with people traveling in speeds up to 65 (hey, we obey the law here!) miles per hour. 

It is an ambitious project. It is certain to happen sooner or later. The more people dream about it, talk about, and figure out how to solve the problems associated with it, the sooner it will happen. Let's hope this blog can play a role in that process. 

It nees to happen for the sake of creating a sustainable global human community. 

Check out the press release on the Bering Strait ideas competition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.